Electric Circuits Learning Objectives
Objectives You will be able to:
- A. define current and ampere.
- use the relationship I =Δq/Δt.
- define DC circuit.
- define Ohm’s law (V=IR), resistance, and ohm.
- explain the use of ammeters and voltmeters in circuits.
- define resistivity.
- state the effect of temperature on resistance.
- B. use the power equation P=IV to find the power loss or gain in a resistor or battery under dc conditions.
- C. calculate the effective resistance of combinations of resistors in series and parallel.
- explain internal resistance for a battery.
- D. use Kirchhoff’s rules to solve dc circuits that contain batteries and resistances.
- E. analyze a given electrical situation from the viewpoint of safety.
- explain the operation of fuses and circuit breakers.